The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair
and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory
standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance
with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any
malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to
obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty
or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if
additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise service advisor
immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if
repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test
technician, keeping in mind that customers' vehicles should not be used for
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers' cars
are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account
for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow
federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of
- High school
diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- ASE certification is preferred.
- One year of
experience working on import brands.
- General mechanical skills.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Good judgment.